Every website is hosted on a server. When you launch a website, your browser connects to the web-server where it is hosted and retrieves the page content from the page you request.
When you launch a blog, you need to purchase a website hosting service from a web hosting provider. Web hosting providers simply offer you space for your website on their server for a small fee.
When a visitor tries to open your blog, their browser must connect to your webserver to download the content.
In this blog post, you will learn what to look for in a web host and how to choose the best one.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A WEB HOSTING SERVICE?
- Speed – If the server on which your website is hosted on sucks, your website’s loading speed will be affected. Remember, nobody wants to wait for a website to load. Only organize your website with web hosts that optimize their servers for speed.
- Security – According to the Succuri source, over 34k websites were hacked in 2017. And that number is growing every year. If you don’t want your blog to be hacked, only host your website with established web hosts who have made a good name for themselves.
- Reliability – If your website server goes down as soon as someone in your industry shares your article on Twitter, you may lose your growth moment. Established web hosts monitor their servers around the clock and fix them as soon as something goes wrong.
- Support – Unless you enjoy talking to outsourced support representatives in India who need an hour to understand your problem, go with a web hosting provider known for their support team’s performance.
- Easy to Use – A good hosting provider should be easy to use and make it simple to install and get started with WordPress.
Now I know it is a lot to look at when considering a web hosting provider.
To help you avoid the confusion and get rid of this roadblock on your trip to the blogger realm, I’ve narrowed the list down to just one web host.
- Uses 2 million websites and blogs.
- Strong uptime record (+ 99.99%).
- Fast average loading times.
- Good, helpful, and fast customer support.
- Recommended by WordPress.org.
- Your blog is pre-installed, configured, and ready to use.
- A free domain name is included.
- Low monthly prices (and a 60-day money-back guarantee).
I highly recommend that you join Dreamhost as your blog’s web hosting provider. Dreamhost is known in the industry for 20 years for their fantastic support team. You can contact their in-house support team 24/7 via email, phone, and live chat.
Not only that, but their services are super reliable and trusted by some of the most popular bloggers on the planet. Dreamhost reportedly hosts over 2 million websites on their servers.
Dreamhost is also the # 1 recommended web host by WordPress.org. (About 30% of websites on the internet run on WordPress.)
The best part of going with Dreamhost is that their plans are very affordable, even for people just starting out. Their plans start at just $ 2.95 / month. That’s one of the best hosting deals you can get.
Once you start paying for your hosting plan, the Dreamhost team will guide you through the whole process of launching a blog. They will reply to any of the questions you may have. They also offer tutorials and information for beginners just starting out.
With Dreamhost WordPress hosting, you can start blogging in minutes without technical know-how. All you need to do is fill out a few form fields and click a few buttons to install and configure your blog in less than 5 minutes.